Your Top Strength: Humor and playfulness
You like to laugh and tease. Bringing smiles to other people is important to you. You try to see the light side of all situations.
Your Second Strength: Judgment, critical thinking, and open-mindedness
Thinking things through and examining them from all sides are important aspects of who you are. You do not jump to conclusions, and you rely only on solid evidence to make your decisions. You are able to change your mind.
Your Third Strength: Creativity, ingenuity, and originality
Thinking of new ways to do things is a crucial part of who you are. You are never content with doing something the conventional way if a better way is possible.
Your Fourth Strength: Forgiveness and mercy
You forgive those who have done you wrong. You always give people a second chance. Your guiding principle is mercy and not revenge.
Your Fifth Strength: Kindness and generosity
You are kind and generous to others, and you are never too busy to do a favor. You enjoy doing good deeds for others, even if you do not know them well.
And so forth, down to the strengths at the bottom of the list, which a less relentless positive test might therefore term 'weaknesses'. Here are things that I lack:
Strength#20: Hope, optimism, and future-mindedness
You expect the best in the future, and you work to achieve it. You believe that the future is something that you can control.
Strength#21: Zest, enthusiasm, and energy
Regardless of what you do, you approach it with excitement and energy. You never do anything halfway or halfheartedly. For you, life is an adventure.
Strength#22: Modesty and humility
You do not seek the spotlight, preferring to let your accomplishments speak for themselves. You do not regard yourself as special, and others recognize and value your modesty.
Strength#23: Industry, diligence, and perseverance
You work hard to finish what you start. No matter the project, you "get it out the door" in timely fashion. You do not get distracted when you work, and you take satisfaction in completing tasks.
Strength#24: Spirituality, sense of purpose, and faith
You have strong and coherent beliefs about the higher purpose and meaning of the universe. You know where you fit in the larger scheme. Your beliefs shape your actions and are a source of comfort to you.
My thoughts on this:
- I just spent 20 minutes taking a test which tells me that one of my strengths is good judgement, and ended up thinking "Well, I guess I expected that". I guess that allows me to define the exact extent of my good judgement: good enough to predict the results of an internet test, not good enough to skip taking it in the first place.
- At least I can point out this irony on LiveJournal [Top strength: Humour]
- But if I post the results, my enemies will know that I'm merciful [Strength 2: Critical thinking]
- On the other hand, I don't think I know anyone who would take advantage of that [Strength 5: Kindness]
- Actually, considering the strengths and weaknesses suggests that I'm not so much 'merciful and kind' as 'too pessimistic to be vengeful, and too lazy to be cruel'. And, indeed, too arrogant to have a good grasp of my strengths and weaknesses.
- Oh man, I've just blogged the results of an internet personality test. I have no right to claim 'originality' as a strength
- But ditching this post now will be conceding that I really can't get anything finished.
- On the other hand, it just goes to show how low my standards are if I think posting this counts as 'Industry, diligence, and perseverance'
- Fuck it, eh?