10 similarities between DJing and sex.
- Both require a certain amount of dexterity.
- You need more than working equipment to do either, but you do need working equipment.
- With both, it helps if you think a few moves ahead.
- Both get much trickier when one is drunk.
- I can do either one for quite some time without getting bored.
- Neither is likely to earn me more than beer money.
- Neither is likely to make the transition from a hobby to a career.
- Both have earned me the appreciation of a small but select group of discerning people.
- Neither could adequately be replaced by a mix CD, unless it was a really good mix CD.
- My expression is apparently similar when doing either.
All inspired by tinyjo's comment that:
Make of that what you will...
Also, an article which will interest those of you interested in Radiohead, drawing, teaching or children (which I think covers most of y'all (those that I know in meat-space, anyway)) courtesy of autodidactic, to whom mad props.