I'd do this again, but these were gathered over several years so it might be a while before I build up enough...in 2008, and then three years later make good on my promise.
So, just as before, I will present lyrical questions in approximate order of difficulty (from 'hard' to 'impossible'), screen the comments so you can answer individually, and will post the answers in a few days' time. Google may help identify the song, but it's not cheating much because that may be only the first step towards the answer...
- There was a week during which a glance at my calendar would leave me mumbling "This is fucked up, fucked up". Which film was I scheduled to see?
- I can't say the name of one of Oxford's cinemas without following it with "Yeah, you know me." What's the acronym by which that cinema is known?
- After taking my coat for repairs, I spent the rest of the day singing about "a stick, a dog, and a box with something in it". What needed fixing?
- Currently the financial news often leaves me singing "It was a clear black night, a clear white moon, Warren G was on the streets trying to consume..." What is being proposed for the banking industry?
- I was talking about fruit with archie in the kitchen at work, when I unnerved him by singing "I want to kiss you but I want it too much (too much)..." What sort of berries were under discussion?
- I spent an evening alternating between "Don't want to be on my own again tonight" and "If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it". What disease had poor tinyjo been diagnosed with?
- When I search the shelves at Oxfam for books for tinyjo I occasionally find myself singing "Shake it like a Polaroid picture." Which author I am seeking?
- News reports about former President of Serbia Milan Milutinovic would leave me singing about "watching the tide roll in", and occasionally essaying ill-advised whistling solos. Where was he sitting at the time?
- Whose fault is it that:
a)... I develop a stutter when suggesting that we eat something "more sub-sub-sub-substantial"?
b)... when talking about badastronaut I always call her "Deb-or-ah (Deb-or-ah)"?
c)... when I hear Martin Luther King mentioned I unfortunately think: "'Love is the only weapon'? Shit! Bullshit! Martin Luther King died with love!"
- When playing the excellent card game Dominion, it appears to be a house rule that you can't play one of the cards without introducing it thus: "This is not the greatest song in the world." What is that card called?
- When playing the excellent board game Pandemic, one draws cards from a deck containing major cities from throughout the world.
a) Which one always prompts me to say "If you didn't you wouldn't be in here"?
b) Which one always makes me mutter "Vanishing point, vanishing point, vanishing point"?
- Sometimes, on my cycle to work, I find myself singing Ice T's 'Gotta Lotta Love'. The noise of what automatically-scheduled event has inspired this song?
- What did we find on our bikes one morning which left me singing "Hurry down the chimney tonight"?
- When I have teleconferences in Mandarin, I tend to be distracted by one of two ear-worms: "Wu buck wild with the trigger!" or "I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want." Can you explain?
ETA: Answers have now been posted here.